Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Problems With Florida #firstworldproblems

"Mommy! Daddy! It is 10:30! Wake up!"

I know, I know... I have nothing to complain about when our wake-up call is at 10:30. It was only a few short years ago that we would find ourselves passed out on the couch at 6:30 a.m., trying to prevent poisonings and house fires as the toddlers started their day.

Nowadays, it has been several years since Isabel learned to read the clock and knows when it is ok to wake us up. Even she wakes up a little later each year. She gets up around 8:00 now.

"What are we doing today for fun?" She asks.

The possibilities are endless in this town we call Orlando. I find it funny that we complain so much about this state, but we really have amazing opportunities with children!

She wants Wet 'n Wild. "Florida residents are half price Mommy!"

If I am getting stuck with Wet 'n Wild, I want to shop at the outlets and send Chris with Isabel. Chris vetoes my shopping trip.

How about the beach? It will probably be the last beach trip for the year.

In unison "I DON'T LIKE SAND!!!" says Chris and Isabel.

"What about Blue Springs?" I suggest tentatively. "Daddy hasn't gone swimming there yet."

Chris expresses that he isn't really interested in getting wet today. WHAT!?! We override that preference and head out the Blue Springs for the day.

We parked our car pretty far from the swimming area and walked our way across the park. We stopped at the Thursby House for a family pic.


 We strolled along the boardwalk, peeking into the water. We noticed these ENORMOUS Gar fish.
By the time the got to the next dock, Isabel was crying. Chris didn't realize that informing Isabel of the existence of teeth in the Gar's mouth had terrified her and she clutched his back until he could get her out of the water.

Web pic of Gar


Here are some more pictures of the day:











3 comments:

  1. I can't get over her gorgeous curly hair! You two sure make gorgeous kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice. I've never been there in the summer. I've always gone when it was cold and the manatees were in the park. I bet it is really nice to swim there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good day! I've only been there once, sad.

    ReplyDelete