Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sweet Endings

Please Subscribe To My Blog

It seems that the end of my job is ending so quickly! I wrote an email to my students and parents yesterday to inform them that they will be transferred to other teachers next week. I explained my reasons.

Most of my students and families are not aware of what happened last year. Many of them are new this year or came to me after the accident. So many parents were shocked to hear that I kept working and never stopped. I found solace in my job. I enjoyed talking with my students. I was relieved to have something to do.

Here is my letter:

 Dear Parents and Student,
 
Many of you are not aware, but last September my family suffered a tragedy. My five-year-old son, Ian, fell from a diving board during lessons and did not survive. 
 
I did not take any time off of work, because I wasn't sure what to do after he died. I worked everyday and didn't take a vacation until this summer. This job and my students saved my sanity. I was so happy to talk to you, help you with math, and the myriad of other things that kept me busy. You guys kept me going!
 

Now that it has been a year, my family has decided to make a bold move. I resigned from FLVS, effective September 27th, 2013. My husband is also resigning his job in the computer industry. 
 
We are going to see the world! My husband, daughter, and I have decided to take this year to travel and spend time together. We will be headed to New England, Canada, Asia, and Europe. We are very scared and excited!
 
I wanted to let you know so that you wouldn't be shocked when you are transferred to another wonderful teacher on the 23rd and 24th. They are great teachers and will take care of you! Make sure you give them a call when you are assigned to their class so they can let you know any differences in their classes. 
 
 
I will miss you! Make me proud... and THANK YOU!






 I wasn't sure what the reaction would be. I am overwhelmed by the support! Here are a few responses:


"Dear Mrs. Freeman, I am so terribly sorry for your loss, I cannot begin to imagine how hard the last year must
have been for your and your family. I wish you and your husband and daughter a wonderful time in your travels,
may your new journey be one of healing, strength and new adventures. May every day bring you a new blessing
and laughter be abundant.
 
You have always been so kind and attentive, I want to thank you for your help to my daughter Emily these last two months,your patience and constant enthusiasm. You are a terrific professional and while I understand that the job helped you too,your attitude is remarkable and students would be lucky to have you back teaching when you return from your trip if you choose to do so.
 

God bless you and make you happy.
warm regards"





"We are sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our prayers as you guys begin this new new chapter in your lives. God has a way of healing those areas in our lives that need that special touch from Him.
 

We are sorry we didn't get a chance to work with you longer. You were very nice to work with the short time we did.

Be safe and enjoy this new chapter!!"





"Wow, Mrs. Freeman, we had no idea! We are so very sorry to hear about your terrible loss... You have been a wonderful teacher and I'm very glad to hear you're finally going to take the time out to travel the world, as a  family... You will make memories to last a lifetime and I'm sure Ian will be right there with you in spirit, delighting in every moment...
 

 May God be with you and your family always!
 
 God Bless"




"Dear Mrs. Freeman,
I am at a loss for words. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to have something so precious taken away so early. Our thoughts and prayers for you and your family. It is wonderful that you can take this time to be together and your daughter is blessed to have this time with you. We hope you enjoy your adventures. Ian may not be with you physically. He is definitely with you in spirit.
God Bless you and your family"





"I am so sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine. I think it's awesome that your family is doing that. I hope you all have a great time! I know after a tragedy that it will pull you closer together or farther apart. I'm glad you are doing what you can to pull together."




No comments:

Post a Comment