Thursday, September 19, 2013

Passport Time!

I have already gotten my passport. I went on an epic cruise with my best friend Mandi Ilene in June. We went to Jamaica, Haiti, and Mexico. It was awesome!

Now it was time to get Chris and Isabel's passport. No biggie, right? HA!

I explain to hubby that he needs to fill out the paperwork and print it at work, so we can go in the morning. I call my Dad, who also wants a passport and let him know we are picking him up in the morning. He is all set and ready. 

Chris comes home. No papers. "I ran out of time. I will get it done tomorrow" he explains. 

"We are going in the morning. Isabel has PE in the morning on Wednesday, so it is better to take her tomorrow." I rolled my eyes so hard, I'm amazing they didn't get stuck that way.

It was about 7:45 at night when I realized we didn't have pictures yet. The last time I went, we needed pictures. We head to Walgreen, at Isabel's bedtime, to get the pictures we will stare at for all of eternity. Isabel is tired and wearing a tank top shirt. Chris knows that I don't allow Isabel to wear tank tops out of the house. He explains to me that she forced him to check the width of the straps before she headed to school that morning. "It has to be two finger lengths wide Daddy" she tells him. He fell for it, hook, line and sinker, and let her go to school in the banned tank top. -sigh-

We get the pictures taken. !!!$24!!!! for 4 dinky pictures. I accuse the Walgreen's employee of having a racket going here. I don't think he understood me...

Chris took Isabel home and put her to bed while I waited for the pictures to develop.


I headed out after that to Kerryman's to hang out a chill for little bit, when who surprises me, but many members of the Orlando People Painters!  In walks 10 people, unexpectedly painted, after a class they just attended. Many of them have been reading my blog and had all types of questions and advice to give.

I was certainly impressed when a friend of mine Daniella Koontz shows me her iPhone. She has an icon for my blog! Very cool!





We wake up at the time that people should be sleeping. Well, at least people like me. I had to get up at 7:15!!! For a virtual school teacher, anything before 9:00 is cruelty!

We head to the office I applied for my passport and of course it doesn't open until 9:00. It said 8:15 on the website. We hit the Einstein Bagels and return.

As we enter, the sign says PASSPORTS: BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.

The man at the counter starts off very friendly "Hi! Do you have an appointment?"

"No. We didn't need one last time."

"We have required appointments since May"

"I got one in April"

"Well, I have an appointment at 10:15 available."

At this point, I just get a little rude. I stand there with my family shuffling nervously behind me and start filling out paperwork. The poor man keeps stuttering about appointments and whether people will arrive on time. I continue filling out papers. After standing there for five minutes and not moving, he concedes.

"Maybe I can fit you in between appointments"

SCORE! 

40 minutes and all three passports applied for. Whew! See my man muggin' in the background. I think it might have been his first passport helper photo!


1 comment: