Thursday, December 19, 2013

Last Leg of Road Trip: NYC Baby!!! (photo overload)

Since I had decided not to celebrate holidays last year, I think I promised many family members that I would be in town to celebrate.

I lied...

It was a little lie that grew into a big family trip.

After hemming and hawing with Chris, my husband, about not wanting to do Thanksgiving this year I convinced him that THIS was the YEAR for the Macy Day Parade in NYC.

He agreed.

Then...my brother in D.C. asked if he could drive up with his family of 6 and join us.

Sounded good to me, but I wanna Black Friday shop with my SIL Megan!!!

We decided to make a complete redirection of the plans and invite everyone in my family up to NYC for a big family vacation over the holiday.

The people who were able to come were:
Me, Chris, Isabel, and Cici.
Brother's family: Scott, Megan, Ashley, Tony, Hunter, and Jackson
My Dad and my nephew Thomas.

12....12!

We left the Lake House one day early and headed towards Brooklyn. I needed to go to Brooklyn for boots.

I know, boots? But these boots are my heaven. I bought them in Philly and the store that sold them don't have an online store. So there is a Mandee store in Brooklyn. I have to go and try to secure these shoes. Two in every color.



We booked the Aloft Brooklyn, one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. It was tacky and uncomfortable. At the end of the stay, the valet over-charged me by $450 and refused to refund me... sigh. Don't stay there.

We headed to the Mandee store and found the desolation which is the Brooklyn location. No boots. At least, not the ones I was looking for.



Time to head to Manhattan...

We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn Seaport again since they were more than happy to accommodate my family of 12. I warned them that there was 7 kids and to put as far away from "people" as possible.

I checked in and family began to arrive.

Dad and Thomas successfully navigated the airport and arrived when expected. Scott and his family were delayed by traffic and arrived in time for dinner in Chinatown.

Rather than going through a step-by-step detail of the trip here is were we went:

Metropolitan Museum of Art
Chinatown
Natural History Museum
Macy Day Parade Blow UP
Macy Day Parade
Thanksgiving dinner at Fraunces Tavern
Black Friday Shopping in Soho
9/11 Memorial
Drive around the city tour furnished by Scott

The best part of this trip was our own personal chauffeur, Scott. He brought his mini-van and drove us all over the city in batches. No wait. No taxi. No subway. Curbside pickup. Nice..........

We sent everyone off on Saturday after Thanksgiving and drive home over the next two days.

I was sooooooo happy to see my bed after 7 week!!!


Next trip: January/Central American Cruise!!! Woot Woot!






The little kids NEVER slept. All weekend.




A little shopping for NYC. Gotta look classy! What a pretty Cici!





The "kids" really liked the egg chairs in the lobby of Aloft


Museums



Isabel found the conveniences of Grandpa having a wheelchair at the museum.


The girls got yelled at for getting that close to the Picasso! LOL!

Times Square

Toys R Us Ferris Wheel. Tony, Cici, Ashley, and Jackson are in there.



Lunch at Olive Garden. Great, wonderful, amazing views of Times Square.


Kinda wanted to go see the space ship.




Macy's Blow Up in Central Park




               

Is that a spongebob butt being blown up?                         Kool-Aid Man!




This is why we keep Uncle Chris around. Tired feet!!!




"Tony! Get away from the news crews!!!"


Macy's Thanksgiving Parade




Cold, pretty Isabel




Cold Cici

My nephew Jackson was sooooooo happy to see How to Train Your Dragon!




Black Friday!!!!




Look how happy we are on Black Friday. Full night's rest.


Crazy Macy at 3:00 p.m. Black Friday
Wow! It was packed!
Black Friday rest stop. Needed it after Macy's



Last Night!



Family Pizza Party to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment