Friday, October 4, 2013

Brushing up on Geography "Bizarrre"-ly

Email to teacher:

I could apologize, but there really isn't an excuse that is valid. ..
Isabel will be missing school tomorrow. We are going to Epcot where  Isabel's favorite food TV personality, Andrew Zimmern, will be presenting at the Food and Wine Festival...
I'm sorry :(

Second Email:

Isabel had decided she would rather learn math and reading with you tomorrow instead of going to Epcot. A testament to your motivational force to learn!!!

Response from Teacher:

Wow. I'm quite impressed. She might have just earned herself a special PAWS award. :)



Apparently the thought of actually "meeting" Andrew  Zimmern was too overwhelming for Isabel. She refused to take a picture with him. When asked if she wanted to go to Epcot or go to school...she chose school (Not my child).

We started the day off with the sad, sad wake up call of 7:30 or so... I rolled out of bed around 8:00 and got ready in 5 minutes.

When I got outside, Chris was working on delousing his car. He apparently had a bag of produce in the trunk for an undetermined (weeks) amount of time... ew.

I drove Isabel to school and then headed off to Epcot!



We were very excited to be attending the Food and Wine Festival! It was my third time and Chris' first.

Our first stop was the Festival Center to see what we could book for Andrew Zimmern. The experiences ranged from $125-175! Eeek! No way!

I asked about the book signing. COMPLIMENTARY!!! Score! Bought two books. Total cost $30!

Off into the World Showcase.

Basically, here is how it went...

1. walk 5 feet
2. Stop at Kiosk
3. Buy Food
4. Buy drinks
5. Eat
6. Repeat

Basically, we were pretty stuffed by noon. Sooooo good!


Apple Ice Wine!!! ^^^^      Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter ^^^



Back to Andrew. We were so thrilled. We lucked out with the under-advertised activity. There were only 20-30 spots available. One-on-one time with Andrew! Allowed to take pictures!


<<<<<< I was so upset that the "selfie" came out blurry!
                                                            He was totally into it!









He even signed a book for Isabel!!!






Chris wasn't quite sure what was wrong with me, but I WAS SO EXCITED!!! Growing up in Orlando, we have a lot of celebrities milling about, so it usually isn't a big deal.

Andrew Zimmern (and Anthony Bourdain) are my Oprah/Ellen!





We headed back into the Showcase to attempt the food again... We were a lot slower this time, but I did take some pics of the countries because I thought it was funny that I would being seeing many of these this year.



We burnt out early in the day. It was sooooo hot today. When we got into the car it was 126 degrees! My phone wouldn't take a picture! It finally got one in the teens



I did learn that true love can be expressed by "blocking the sun for Lisa" Awwww!





No comments:

Post a Comment